Yesterday I started making my own jig for manual SMD work. You can see the initial steps here!
It is finally complete, and since images is worh more than x words (where x is said to be 1000) here are some:
This will be my workstation for the process.
Everything is labeled, and the parts is so firm in place I can move it without much trouble (except the CC430 which came in a tube).
I made a photoshop file with value and identifiers. Should be handy.
4 hour print on the Ultimaker 2 with PLA. Details in previous post.
This will be my first experience with assembly of SMT but I thing I’ve at least eased the job somewhat with this rig. Leave a comment if you like it or have questions!